Health and Community Care

  • Content last reviewed: December 2015

Health and Community Care includes workplaces such as hospitals, long-term care homes, homes for residential care, nursing services, supported group living residences and independent support residences (group homes), treatment clinics and specialized services, laboratories, and professional offices and agencies.

The Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) applies to these workplaces; the regulations listed below apply to some workplaces.


Workplace Violence Prevention In Health Care, Progress Report

Health and Safety Contact Centre

Toll-free: 1-877-202-0008
TTY: 1-855-653-9260

  • Report incidents, critical injuries or fatalities.
    If this is an emergency call 911 immediately.
  • Workplace health and safety inquiries.
  • Report unsafe work practices.

Other ways to contact us