Print This Page

Form: Employment Protection for Foreign Nationals Claim

This form is used to file a claim under the Employment Protection for Foreign Nationals Act, 2009 (EPFNA). The EPFNA applies to foreign nationals who work or are seeking work in Ontario pursuant to an immigration or foreign temporary employee program. For example, if you are working or looking for work in Ontario through the federal Temporary Foreign Worker Program, the EPFNA would likely apply to you.

Use this form to file a claim for issues such as your recruiter charging you fees, your employer holding onto your property (e.g. passport), for punishing you for exercising your rights under the EPFNA, etc. To learn more about all of your rights under the EPFNA, visit Employment Protection for Foreign Nationals.

Form Details

Form title: Employment Protection for Foreign Nationals Claim

Form number: MOL-ES-016


  • e-Form
    Apply and submit online for fully accessible, faster service.
  • PDF
    The PDF must be submitted by fax, mail or in person. It cannot be submitted online.
    • By fax: 1-888-252-4684.
    • By mail to:

      Provincial Claims Centre
      Ministry of Labour
      70 Foster Drive, Suite 410
      Roberta Bondar Place
      Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6A 6V4

Need More Information

If you are concerned about an Employment Standards Act, 2000 (ESA) violation, this is not the correct form. You must file an ESA claim using the ESA Claim Form.

If you have questions, please contact the Employment Standards Information Centre at 416-326-7160, toll-free at 1-800-531-5551 or 1-866-567-8893 for Hearing Impaired TTY between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday, excluding statutory holidays. Information is available in multiple languages.

Disclaimer: This resource has been prepared to help you understand some of the minimum rights and obligations established under the Employment Protection for Foreign Nationals Act, 2009 (EPFNA) and regulations. It is not legal advice. It is not intended to replace the EPFNA or its regulations and reference should always be made to the official version of the legislation. Although we endeavor to ensure that the information in this resource is as current and accurate as possible, errors do occasionally occur. If you require assistance with respect to the interpretation of the legislation and its potential application in specific circumstances, please contact your legal counsel.