Print This Page

Form: Child Performers Claim

This form is used to file a claim under the Protecting Child Performers Act, 2015 (PCPA).

Please note that in order to be eligible to file a claim:

  • You must be a child performer under 18 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a child performer under 18 years of age; and
  • The child performer must not be covered by a collective agreement.

Once you file your claim, you will receive a letter of confirmation and your claim number.

Here are some important things to remember:

  • Filing a claim is free.
  • If you file a claim and provide all the required information, Ministry of Labour staff will investigate your claim.
  • Claims are investigated as quickly as possible. The time it takes to complete the process varies.
  • Please only file your claim once.

For more information, please visit the Performance Industry page.

Form Details

Use this form to file claims with the Ministry of Labour when alleging contraventions of the Protecting Child Performers Act, 2015 provisions relating only to written agreements, travel, hours of work, breaks, split shifts, overtime hours, income protection and tutoring.

Form title: Child Performers Claim Form

Form number: 1966E

Format: PDF

The PDF can be filled out on your computer and submitted online.

Disclaimer: This resource has been prepared to help employees and employers understand some of the minimum rights and obligations established under the Protecting Child Performers Act, 2015 (PCPA) and its regulations. It is not legal advice. It is not intended to replace the PCPA or regulations and reference should always be made to the official version of the legislation. Although we endeavour to ensure that the information in this resource is as current and accurate as possible, errors do occasionally occur. The PCPA provides minimum standards only. Some employees may have greater rights under an employment contract, collective agreement, the common law or other legislation. Employers and employees may wish to obtain legal advice.