Print Print This Page

Employment Standards Claims

  • Issued: January 2011
  • Content last reviewed: June 2015

  • Disclaimer

Employees who believe their employer has not complied with the law can file a claim with the Ministry of Labour. The claim must be submitted on a designated form. Please be aware that there are time limits that apply to the filing of a complaint. If you have questions about the ESA, and specifically its termination and severance entitlements, please telephone the Employment Standards Information Centre.

All information provided anonymously by third parties to the Employment Standards Information Centre about possible violations is passed to the appropriate Ministry staff for review and for possible proactive activity.

It is important to note that an individual who provides anonymous information to the ministry may not have anti-reprisal protection and would not have the right to an appeal if he or she was dissatisfied with the outcome of Ministry enforcement activity unless an order was issued on their behalf.

If you have additional questions about the ESA please call our Employment Standards Information Centre at 416-326-7160 or toll-free at 1-800-531-5551.




Contact Us

Employment Standards Information Centre
GTA: 416-326-7160
Canada-wide: 1-800-531-5551
TTY: 1-866-567-8893

Other ways to contact us

This information is provided as a public service. Although we endeavour to ensure that the information is as current and accurate as possible, errors do occasionally occur. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information. Readers should, where possible, verify the information before acting on it.